We are currently looking for volunteers!
Facts about membership with Liverpool Fire Department
- We are 100% volunteer! Members dedicate their time, training and experience to serve our community.
- In 2012, the Combined fire department responses for all three Liverpool Fire Department stations totaled over 2300 calls for help, including EMS, fire and rescue.
- We regularly assist our neighboring fire departments (Moyer’s Corners, Seneca River, Belgium-Cold Springs, and Baldwinsville) through county mutual aid agreements.
- The department provides all protective equipment and training at no cost to members.
- Members are required to attend a minimum of 3 drills per quarter, 6 business meetings per year, attend NYS basic firefighting class, Liverpool FD “probie” class, and perform required apparatus and equipment inspections. Members are encouraged to respond to emergency incidents whenever possible.
- Weekly fire department training is offered Monday evenings, Wednesday mornings, and other times by request. Business meetings are held the first Monday evening of each month.
- In addition to fire department training, a multitude of courses are available through the New York State Office of Fire Prevention and Control, the Public Safety Institute at Onondaga Community College, the NYS Fire Academy in Montour Falls,NYS Division Of Homeland Security and Emergency Services in Oriskany, New York as well as the National Fire Academy in Emmittsburg, Maryland.
- Members are also encouraged to train and participate in other aspects of the modern fire service including EMS, hazardous materials, and water rescue/SCUBA diving.
Why you should join our lifesaving team
- You provide a direct benefit to the community by helping your neighbors.
- You receive training through the fire department that is useful both at home and on the job.
- You will be an important part of the emergency services team proudly serving the residents of our community
- You will be involved in the action, and not just an observer.
- You will be entitled to a Town funded pension plan, which commences at retirement age.
- You will be entitled to attend numerous fire department banquets, clambakes, parties, sports teams, parades and other family social functions throughout the year, most at no cost to you.
Volunteers are needed at:
Station #1 – 1110 Oswego Street
Station #2 – 1029 7th North Street
Station #3 – 4089 Longbranch Road
For more information please call: (315) 457-6347 or complete the contact form below and be sure to check us out on facebook.